, , , , , ,

10 Beauty Tips You Might Have Not Known!

8/26/2014 11:55:00 PM

Hello beauties,

I thought I'd start off my blog with a simple post on 10 beauty tips you might have not known. I haven't heard a lot of people talking about most of these tips so I thought I'd share them with all of you! Some of theses tips you might have seen and some may be new to you, all in all I hope you enjoy this post and learn a few helpful tips too!



1. Microwaving Your Beauty Blender:


http://www.beautyblender.co.uk/images/slideshow/bb_3_banner_bb_site.jpg
When I first heard of this tip I thought it was such a bizarre thing to do! But believe it or not, microwaving your beauty blender after washing it will kill the bacteria on it! Just put it in a bowl with some water and microwave it for around a minute or so will kill the bacteria in it. Afterwards, just wash it again and voila! 
 

2. Using Rosewater as Setting Spray:

I always wanted to try a setting spray, however, MAC's Fix Plus+ wasn't available until recently and Urban Decay, ELF, etc. aren't available where I live except if I order them online. Now, I didn't really want to order something online (and pay a fortune for shipping) when I wasn't really sure if I was even gonna use it. So, at first I started using Burt's Bees Rosewater & Glycerin Toner as a setting spray, a toner, and as a medium for foiling my pigments. But I noticed that I was running out of it quickly and I didn't want to commit to ordering a new bottle every month! So, I thought I'd just use rosewater because it was one of the main ingredients in the toner. And to my surprise it worked just as well as the toner! I use rosewater daily to tone my skin, set my foundation/powder and to foil my pigments as well as just spritzing it to refresh my skin! Definitely a holy grail product.

3. Vaseline and Its Many Uses:
http://www.hul.co.in/Images/Vaseline-Petroleum-Jelly-450x450_tcm114-301440.jpg

Vaseline (or petroleum jelly) is honestly a staple in my skin care routine. Vaseline can be used on the lashes to promote growth, can be used as a makeup remover for the eyes and the face, and can also be used as a lip balm. You could also mix in a pigment to tint your lip balm, add oils like peppermint oil or cinnamon oil to give a refreshing and plumping effect, or add sugar to create a lip scrub! Honestly, the list can go on and on!


4. Using Baby Powder as Dry Shampoo:

http://www.multi-gyn.com/entity-file/entity/blog/field/image/instance/88/locale/1/download/0/blogpost/88


An old trick my friends and I use to avoid oily hair is using a bit of baby powder directly on our scalps. Before dry shampoo arrived in my country (or before I knew it existed), I always avoided an oily scalp by adding a little baby powder to my scalp and rubbing it in. Make sure you use a little at a time (a little goes a long way) and rub it into your scalp to avoid a white, powdery looking scalp.
 
5. Make Your Lipstick Stay on Longer:

One of the most useful tips I've learned is how to make my lipstick last longer. To make your lipstick last longer, apply your lip liner and a layer of lipstick, then press a tissue against your lips and apply a translucent powder (or baby powder!) on top. Add another layer of lipstick and repeat a couple of times and you'll have long-lasting lipstick!


6. Avoiding Cakey Foundation:

Something a lot of people struggle with is cakey-looking foundation. To avoid a cakey face you could do one of two tips (or both): after applying your foundation, press a tissue against your face to remove any excess foundation and oil. Second tip is spraying your face with setting spray (or rosewater) after applying your foundation and after apply any powder based products. 

7. DIY Heated Eyelash Curler:

If your struggling with your eyelash curler and you feel like it isn't doing the trick, try heating your eyelash curler with a blow dryer or straighter. For a few seconds, blow dry or place the curling wand between a hot straighter and you'll have your own heated eyelash curler! Make sure the curler isn't too hot before using it on your lashes and your done; instant heated eyelash curler!


8. How to Help Your Lashes Hold a Curl:

Whatever I tried, my lashes just wouldn't hold a curl, until I stumbled upon a video by Gossmakeupartist on YouTube who mentioned applying a coat of waterproof mascara before using regular mascara. Pairing this tip with the heated eyelash curler makes my lashes stayed curled all day! 


9. Swatch Makeup The Right Way: 

http://www.wiseshe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Sleek-True-Color-Lipstick-Coral-Reef-Review-Finger-Swatch+color-lip-stick.jpg

I am a strong believer in "there is no right or wrong way of applying makeup", however, two tips I have found that have truly changed swatching makeup for me are using my fingertips to swatch lipstick (because it is the closest to matching the shade of your lips) and matching my foundation to my neck/face rather than swatching it on my hand. 

10. Perfecting Winged Eyeliner: 

http://www.elle.com/cm/elle/images/ju/elle-beauty-liquid-eyeliner-5-v-36714033-xln.jpg


A tip a lot of you might already know is using scotch tape to perfect winged eyeliner or eyeshadow looks. Just take a piece of scotch tape and remove some of the glue by sticking it to your hand and removing it, then align the tape to the end of your brow, line your eyes and you're done! Instant winged eyeliner!


I hope you all enjoyed these tips! Some of these tips I have thought of and researched about, others I've picked up from YouTube and blogs and some I've learned from friends. 

Until next time,
Maryam Al-Mohsen x  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.