, , , , , , , , , , , ,

Current Skin Routine (April 28-June 7)

6/07/2015 08:17:00 PM

Hey beauties!

I've finally committed to a skincare routine and I wanted to share it with you all as well as what has really been working for me and what has not!

Morning Routine:



1. Wash my face: I heard from multiple sources that it isn't good to wash your face in the morning and it's best to just splash your face with water. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I only wash my face with water in the morning because my face dries out easily so I don't risk it with washing twice a day.

2. Stridex: I use Stridex 1-3 times a day depending on how dry my skin is that day. I was pretty scared to use Stridex because I heard it could be very drying and since my skin is combo (more dry) I was a bit hesitant but I was surprised to see how well it reacted with my skin! I use Stridex as my BHA for the sebaceous filaments (those pores on your nose and other areas that look like blackheads) and for the occasional breakouts. My skin is purging a bit and it does take a week or so for it to clear up buuuut for the first time ever it's not only clearing up but their is NO remaining mark or anything! 

3. Keihl's Ultra Facial Cream: I don't have much to say about this product other than it's really moisturizing specially after the Stridex.



Night Routine:

1. Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover: I love this a lot and it has lasted me quite longer than the L'Oreal one I mentioned in my March Favorites but I feel like they both are equally amazing and do the same thing.

2. Sephora Triple Action Gentle Makeup Remover Gel: I mentioned this in my April Favorites and I love it for removing my makeup specially after a long day because it's just so cooling!

3. Sephora Radiance Cleansing Foam: I just noticed how 3/4 of my routine is Sephora lol! This is a gentle foam that removes all the extra foundation left over on my face and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean.

4. Stridex: after cleaning my face, I go over it with a Stridex pad. Sometimes during the day if I don't have makeup on, I would use a Stridex pad so at night it would be my 3rd pad.

5. Derma E Overnight Peel with Alpha Hydroxy Acids: I use this once or twice a week either instead of Stridex or after Stridex (I wait 15-30 minutes between each) as my AHA to help clear up and discoloration of the skin (acne scars or darkness). AHA is only used at night since it's sensitive to sunlight. 

6. Keihl's Ultra Facial Cream: if I haven't used the AHA, I apply moisturizer 15-30 minutes after the Stridex.

*Once a week I use Clean & Clear Black Head Clearing Scrub as an exfoliator (I just ran out so if you have a scrub recommendation leave it in the comments below!)


I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I'm definitely adding in sunblock into my routine and I really want an eye cream as well (if you have any recommendations leave them below)! Also, if you have any masks or scrubs leave them in the comments below!


 Until Next Time,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.