, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Nars Domination Cheek Palette Review + Comparison to Illuminators!

10/09/2014 02:36:00 PM

Hey everyone,

Today I thought I'd do a review for you all on the Nars Domination Cheek palette and compare it to the Orgasm and Laguna illuminators I own!


*FIRST IMPRESSION*

  I thought I'd have to use a light hand with these products since everyone hypes up how pigmented they are, so I did and blamed not being able to see it that much on my face because I have really bad lighting in my room. Lo and behold I get to university and notice that I can't see anything but a small hint of color on my face. Not impressed. By the end of the day, nothing had lasted on my face.



Second time I tried it (and all the times that followed) I used a heavy hand and noticed Orgasm was pigmented! It actually lasted all day! Laguna wasn't as pigmented (I was quite afraid to use a heavy hand with bronzer) but it did last and was more pigmented than Orgasm by the end of the day. The highlighter shade Devotee is a pretty standard highlighter but still lasts so long and is very pigmented! Plus, it catches the light so well!

The only thing in the palette I haven't tried is the Mistinguette blush just because it's pretty bright for this time of year and when I swatched it, it was pretty pigmented (most pigmented in the palette!) so I'll have to figure out how I'd wear it. 

*COMPARISON TO ILLUMINATORS*


I actually believe the illuminators are so much more pigmented than the blushes, even though they're suppose to be sheer! However, I do prefer the Laguna illuminator to deepen my contouring and the Orgasm illuminator for that extra dewy shine for my cheek bones, so I think I'll stick to the illuminators for special occasions. And I think they'd complement each other so well used at the same time!

*FINAL VERDICT*
The palette is amazing for everyday use and I prefer the illuminators when I want something a little bit extra! I think the palette is pretty good overall but not a holy grail (for now). I'll check back after I've used it for a while and tell you if I've changed my mind!

If you liked this post, or have tried any of these products, leave it in the comments below! Tell me about your favorite NARS products or favorite cheek product in the comments!

Keep in touch with me on my social media accounts linked in the upper right side of the screen!


Until Next Time,
Maryam Al-Mohsen x 




 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.