, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

How My Hair Grew 5 inches in 4 Months!

3/07/2015 08:10:00 PM

Hey lovelies!

My hair is the kind of hair that if it grows 4 inches in 4 months and I cut it off, it'll take 8 months to grow back those 4 inches! I chopped off 6 inches 4 months ago and it's almost all back because of my new hair routine!

So, first off I wanted to tell you guys that I didn't give up using heat on my hair just because I prefer my hair straight and I know lots of you feel like giving up heat isn't an option so fear not because you can also grow your hair while still using heat!

Alright so first thing you should do is get a trim! I dyed my hair back in June and he did a great job on not damaging my hair except that he also ombre-ed my ends so they got pretty damaged and I didn't end up getting a trim till late October when I really liked the length of my hair but I had to chop it off! Don't keep off getting a trim because you'll have to take off a lot of hair to get rid of split ends.

Now that you've gotten your hair trimmed, you need to choose the right hair products for your hair. I have a very sensitive scalp and have eczema sometimes too so my skin is very sensitive to a lot of hair products. This may be odd to some people but I decided to choose the most sensitive option and go with baby shampoo! I only apply shampoo to my roots and gently massage it into my hair rather than applying it all into my hair and scrunching it all together which causes breakage! Honestly, it worked miracles on my hair since it was drying out, frizzing and sensitive. I pair it with L'Oreal Elvive Smooth Intense Anti Frizz Conditioner and then I ring out the water from it and add a bit of Baby Johnson Leave-In Conditioner.

Something that has extremely changed my hair is using an old T-shirt to wrap my hair with after a shower instead of a towel. This is because of the friction created between your hair and the towel which can create breakage and split ends. This has even reduced frizz and honestly just feels so much better than a towel!

Once my hair is about 70% dry (when it's pretty much just slightly damp) I apply L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil which has a built heat protectant in it to my ends mostly and wipe the remaining serum on the top of my head just to smooth out any frizz. Then, I brush it with a wide tooth comb as it is much better than a brush to prevent less breakage.

Afterwards, I either leave my hair in it's natural form or I blow dry it. I've noticed my hair stays straight for so much longer now because of all of these steps! It used to get frizzy once I've slept with my straightened hair but now it lasts till my next wash! Also I only wash my hair 1-2 a week (I wash my body much more fyi) which is very healthy for your hair! Depending on your hair type and how long it takes to get oily, figure out a schedule for washing your hair where you won't have to wash it too many times a week as it strips your hairs from its natural oils!


And that's how I grew my hair 5 inches in 4 months while it's still healthy and without giving up heat! I hope you enjoyed this post and if you have any other tips please leave them in the comments below!


Until Next Time,
 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great post! Thanks for sharing ^_^

    http://toomanybiases.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.