, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Favorite Highend Picks!

3/05/2015 04:17:00 PM

Hey everyone!

Last week I did my Favorite Drugstore Picks so I thought I'd show you some of my favorite high-end picks! These range from mid-end to high-end and I have been using them for quite some time now. 



Lancome Hypnose Drama: I haven't tried many high-end mascaras just because I don't feel like mascara is something I would personally splurge on when I can find so many good ones in the drugstore! However, when I was ordering online once, I saw a travel-size version of this mascara that was pretty reasonable so I decided to try it out. And to my surprise it was amazing! The bristles on the wand weren't plastic, which I was grateful for since they tend to really hurt my eyes and it had a weird shape to it, which helps curl, separate and lengthen your lashes! If I were to splurge on a mascara, I would definitely go for this one!
 
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
: this has to be a holy grail of mine! I've been using it for over a year now religiously and I haven't even hit pan! It's a cooler toned bronzer so it can be used for contouring and bronzing the face all over.It's very pigmented, blends well and builds up well if you use a light hand with it. It's definitely worth the price since it lasts so long!
 
Nars Orgasm Blush
: when I first got this, I wasn't very impressed. It didn't really swatch well and wasn't as pigmented as I thought. But once I swirled my brush in it a few times and got the top layer off it has become one of my favorite blushes used lightly to give a little flush to the cheeks or a bit stronger for a blush and highlight look!
 
MAC Lipsticks
: I know, I know, I'm very basic but I love MAC lipsticks! I haven't really tried many high-end lipsticks to compare to MAC but nonetheless I feel like MAC is such amazing quality even just compared to the few high-end lipsticks I've tried. I own satin, matte, cremesheen, glaze and amplified lipstick finishes from MAC so I've tried 5/10 finishes they have and I love all of them! I don't think you can go wrong with any color or finish since you have so many options! My favorites are Mehr, Captive, Twig and Viva Glam III.
 
Georgio Ar
mani Rouge d'ARMANI Lipstick in 201
: one of the few high-end lipsticks that I own (and it was actually a gift)! I love this shade so much! It's very creamy but it stains your lips a bit and lasts very long. The shade looks exactly like Retro by MAC which is quite cheaper but I'm sure you can find a cheaper dupe in the drugstore too!
 
MAC Soft & Gentle Highlighter:
I also started off hating this highlighter but it turns out that it was because of my foundation and how it looked on it, so once I switched foundations it looked so much better! I love how you can build it up from daytime to nighttime and it lasts all day! A cheaper dupe would be the Wet 'N' Wild Fergie Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow.
 
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
: the most hyped up of brow products! I love this pencil for my brows and it worked so well, specially because of how thin the tip was! I ran out of this on Thursday and I have to admit I was a little heart broken. It's great for defining your brow shape and lasts all day. Plus, they have a variety of shades too! The new NYX brow pencils look exactly like this so they may be promising!

Beauty Blender
: this infamous sponge that changed makeup application for everyone! At first I thought it was gimmicky and that cheaper sponges work just as well but boy was I wrong! I've tried the cheaper sponges and I always go back to this. You can mimic the look with a cheaper sponge but the texture is very different. I use this for foundation, concealer and more recently, to apply loose powder under my eyes (I've been loving this technique so much!).


I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know your high-end picks in the comments below!


Until Next Time,
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.