, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

DIY Glam Glow Mask!

3/01/2015 04:30:00 PM

Hey everyone!


So, everyone has been raving for the longest time about the infamous Glam Glow mask that celebrities swear by. However, I'm not going to pay $70 (and between 50-60 BHD in Bahrain which is around $150!) for a small tub of a mud mask.  First, I tried the Aztec Bentonite Clay but I felt like after a while it wasn't blowing me away like it did in the beginning (don't get me wrong, it was still amazing!) so I wanted to add in some more benefits and here's how I did it!

I found this on Pinterest so I decided to try it out:



1. Melt the coconut oil (if that's what you're using but I used olive oil instead).
2. Allow the tea to seep; I left it for 15 minutes on the heat and then left it to cool for 5 minutes on the counter and 5 minutes in the freezer.
3. Mix all of the ingredients together in a plastic bowl (don't use metal as it can alter the properties of the clay) except for the tea.
4. Start applying the tea in slowly till you reach a creamy consistency.
5. Allow to cool in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 hour.

1- Apply the mask with a brush or smoothly with your fingers until you have a thick layer on your skin.
2- leave it to dry slightly (never let it dry completely since it can seriously dry out your skin).
3- wash off with a damp cloth.




My thoughts on the mask?

When I put on the mask first I was so shocked to how smooth and creamy it felt! When I used the clay alone, it did go on smoothly but not this smooth! It didn't feel like it was drying up as quick and the aloe Vera and eucalyptus oil gave it a very refreshing feeling. It kind of smelled like eucalyptus oil and olive oil so it's not the most amazing scent, but you can't smell it once it's on so that's good. After I washed it off, my face actually felt smooth instead of dry like it used to using the clay alone. My face didn't pulsate like it did with the clay alone, which I kind of missed, but it was very soothing. My acne scarring seemed lighter but the main amazement was due to the face that my black heads on my nose seemed so clean! Overall, the mask is amazing and really does what the glam glow does! Now, I won't say it's a 100% dupe, but it honestly does the job just as well!



I hope you enjoyed this post! Tell me if you try it out in the comments below!


Until Next Time,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.