, , , , , , , ,

Top 5 Tuesday - Lipsticks!

9/02/2014 03:16:00 PM

Hello lovelies,

Welcome to my first 'Top 5 Tuesday' post! I found this on Zoella's blog and I thought it was a really good idea! My first 'Top 5 Tuesday' is going to be about my top 5 lipsticks. I have a few high-end and a few drugstore products. 


 1- Wet 'N' Wild 907C Mauve Outta Here: I love how unique this color is! Its a mauvy purple with some pink undertones to it. It comes off satin (kind of matte with a little gloss) and lasts so long on the lips! I love to pair this with my Essence lip liner in 07 Cute Pink. The lasting power of this lipstick is sooo good compared to the price! Wet 'N' Wild lipsticks are definitely a steal from the drugstore.

2- MAC's Up The Amp: Up The Amp is seriously a color you need if you're into bright lips. It's a color that's easy to pull off but still bold. Its a bright purple with a hint of pink. The finish is amplified which means it's highly pigmented but has a glossy finish. This color lasts really long and its great for night outs or parties! It pairs really well with a smoky purple eye look. One of the best purples on the market.

3- MAC's Hot Tahiti: in my opinion, the best day time red. It's a beautiful deeper red that has a glaze finish (sheer with glossy finish). I find that it lasts a really long time for a glaze finish lipstick and leaves a beautiful tint to my lips. It has such a beautiful feel to it and leaves my lips feeling very moisturized. Pairs beautifully with a cat eye and some mascara. 




                 With Flash                                                                                              Without Flash

4- MAC's Twig: Best nude for tanner skin tones. It's a more brown nude shade with a satin finish (matte with a little gloss). It's very pigmented and goes extremely well with Essence lip liner in 11 In The Nude and Essence Long Lasting Matt Lipgloss in 06 Soft Nude. It's a beautiful nude for the colder weather but it also really pretty in the Summer/Spring with a lighter gloss on top like Essence Long Lasting Matt Lipgloss in 08 Velvet Rose or Revlon lipgloss in Nude. 

5- Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss for Rimmel: this is seriously the perfect maroon shade. It's so elegant and makes any makeup look pop. I love it more than my MAC lipstick in Diva because its not as deep as Diva but it's still a really beautiful maroon. It has a matte finish and lasts very long. It does dry out my lips a bit not as much as a lot of higher end lipsticks. I love it for when I have simple eye makeup on for an event/party and I want my lips to pop and stay on for a long time. This lipstick can seriously enhance the whole look.






I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful! What are your top 5 lipsticks? Leave it in the comment section below!

Please keep in connected with me through my social networks linked in the upper right side of the screen!


Until Next Time,
Maryam Al-Mohsen x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.