, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Favorite Drugstore Picks!

2/26/2015 04:30:00 PM

Hey lovelies!
Today's post will be about some of my all time favorite drugstore picks that I use on the daily. These are things I've tested for over a few months and that I would definitely reccommend! If you'd like a high-end version of this post, leave it in the comments below!



1. Bourjois Healthy Mix: I actually got this by accident as I wanted to get the healthy mix serum (oops!) but I actually am in love with it! It has light-to-medium coverage that is very buildable and gives a healthy glow to the skin! It doesn't accentuate any dryness on my skin and last all day if I set it correctly! But you will need concealer for any spots as it does fade away a bit on places that really do need concealing.

2. Loreal True Match Lumi Foundation:I love love love this foundation for everyday wear! It's tied between this and the Healthy Mix for my favorite daily wear foundation and I go back and fourth between them. The coverage is slightly less than the Bourjois but it is very buildable. It's quite dewy and definitely needs setting in my T-zone but it absolutely gives you the most beautiful glow ever! It also has the problem of fading a bit on spots as that is a common problem with more dewy, light weight foundations, but is very easily fixed with concealer.

3. Bourjois Twist Up The Volume mascara: I fell in love with this after my They're Real! Mascara by Benefit was too dry to use and the bristles quite frankly were kind of painful on my lashes and the common problem of it being too hard to take off! It has a brush that is straight that lengthens and then you twist the top to twist the bristles into a smaller denser brush to give volume! It did wonders to my shorter, straight lashes! Honestly the best drugstore mascara I have ever tried!

4. NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops: the creamiest, most pigmented lipstick at the drugstore! I have never tried a drugstore lipstick that is creamy and not matte that is this pigmented! Obviously, as Pops is a nude shade it does need a few layers to reach its fullest pigment but it lasts soooo long on the lips that those few extra layers are worth it! It leaves my lips moisturized and with a lip liner can last all day!

5. NYX Lipliner in Ever: my favorite lip liner of all time! It lasts all day and the color is soooo beautiful! It's the perfect spiced nude and goes well under all of my darker nude lipsticks.

6. Wet 'N' Wild Fergie Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow: a perfect dupe for Mac's Soft & Gentle without the chunky pieces of glitter. I love my Soft & Gentle but I've had this for longer and I love it so much! It can be built up to a strong, in your face highlight and can be applied lightly for everyday. 

7. Maybelline Hyperglossy Eyeliner: don't let the name fool you because it does dry down to a matte but it has a bit of a glossy look that makes your eyes pop! It's seriously my favorite eyeliner and creates the most perfect, effortless wing because of the precise tip. Sadly, I can't get it in Bahrain so I have to find myself an alternative since mine has run out :(!

8. Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse Foundation: my go to full coverage foundation for events and weddings! This seriously stays put through bright event lights and dancing all night! It's very high coverage and has a very moussy texture which means a little goes a long way. I also love that the shades are more on the tan side so it gives me a nice tanned glow. 

9. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick 107: I choose this lipstick over my Mac lipstick in Diva. Need I say more? It trumps all of my high end and drugstore maroon lipsticks because it lasts so long and is the perfect maroon shade for all skin tones! 

10. Essence XXXL Long Lasting Matt Lip Gloss in Soft Nude: a long time favorite that I still use at least 3 times a week as a lipstick topper. I love to use it to change up a lipstick color or to give a little more coverage to a lipstick. I sometimes even wear it on its own because of how pigmented it is!


I hope you enjoyed this post! Tell me your drugstore picks in the comments below!


Until Next Time,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.